Friday, February 24, 2012

Strawberry Trifle

I don't have a picture of this, because I made it up for a friend's family last minute. They asked for the recipe, so here it is, exactly the way I did it.

2 boxes sugar-free vanilla pudding mix (can totally use whatever pudding you like; I used sugar-free because of diabetes. These boxes were from Aldi, if anyone would like the specifics. You can use homemade pudding, too. You'll need about 4-5 cups, depending on how much pudding. My family would probably prefer about 10, hee, hee)

1 (7 oz, I think, the smaller one) carton whipped topping (also from Aldi)

3 1/2 c. 1% milk  (You could probably use 2% or whole and make it 4 cups; I knew it would be thicker being 1% if I cut back on the milk a little. I didn't want the finished product to be too runny.)

1 angel food cake (loaf)

1-2 lbs of strawberries (depending on how much you like strawberries, I used a little over one carton)

Mix the pudding mixes with the milk according to directions. When set, gently fold in the whipped topping. Tear the angel food cake into thinner pieces, and divide into three equal amounts. Slice the strawberries.

In a large glass bowl or trifle bowl, put down a layer of angel food cake. Top with a layer of strawberries, then a layer of pudding/whipped topping mix. Repeat two more times, saving enough pudding mixture to spread on the top, then decorate with a layer of sliced strawberries. Refrigerate until serving.

No comments: