Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Pizza!


We love pizza in our house. I think Scott could eat it every day. In this picture, I used veggie italian sausage, green peppers, pineapple, and fresh baby portabella mushrooms.
There are so many options for pizza! I also make an alfredo mushroom, fresh spinach pizza often.
Next I'll try my hand at a Greek pizza with feta...Scott won't be as thrilled for that one!
This is my favorite pizza crust recipe. It always turns out beautifully. I can get it really thin too and it tastes amazing. I use bread flour, it seems to easier to work with. I also don't bother making a crust, I like my toppings to go all the way to the edges. Use a pizza stone for the BEST results! You can pile as many toppings as you want and your crust won't get soggy this way.
Make more dough than you need and freeze them for a quick pizza!

Jay's Signature Pizza Crust
(from allrecipes.com)

2 1/4 tsp dry yeast
1/2 tsp brown sugar
1 1/2 C warm water (110 F)
1 tsp salt
2 T olive oil
3 1/3 C bread flour (you might need more if using all purpose)

Pour water into a large bowl, sprinkle in brown sugar and yeast. Let sit for 10 minutes. Stir in salt and oil. Mix in 2 1/2 C of the flour. Knead until not sticky (if using bread flour, it can be a little sticky). Place in oiled bowl, cover. Rise 1 hour (or longer if you want!), til doubled. Punch down and form two tight balls. Yields two large thin crust pizzas.
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. When pizza is assembled, pop in the oven for 15-20 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and starting to get brown and crust is the right crispness for you.

No comments: